US Economic policy continues to sway the global marketplace, says Global Hedge Fund Group Ltd. (GHF), this has been to the benefit of its hedge funds, and the life insurance settlement fund in particular.
Global Economic data is improving, GHF said, but is still being hampered by a weak housing market. Oil prices are rising again as tension in the Middle East continues. The Obama administration is tabling alternative energy initiatives. Healthcare reform has become a major issue, but many questions remain as to how far reform will go and what portions of the economy may be effected. Potential increased regulation within the financial industry and securities markets can be expected to have a wide-ranging impact on investment opportunities.
“All these factors underpin the continued trend of investors turning to our hedge funds. Our invested assets have grown more in the first half of 2009 than the last three years” said Jeremy Long, GHF Group Economic Analyst.
“There is so much uncertainty in the traditional equity markets. Brief periods of good news are still punctuated with minor corrections. Investors are asking tougher questions and looking for better solutions. These investors make up the majority of our new clients in the last two years.” Said Long.
- Event Driven Hedge Funds Rebound – Brighton House Q3 Report Summary
- Hedge Funds Strategy Demand Q2 2009: Brighton House Associates Q2 Report
- The Economic Policy Error Behind the Stock Market Rally and the Next Phase of the Financial Crisis
- State Street Report Examines Hedge Fund Industry Challenges – Preview
- Investor Commitment to Hedge Funds Comes With Rising Expectations – Report