HedgeCo News – Virtual hedge fund, Hedgeye Risk Management, has appointed industry veteran Louis Gagliardi as Managing Director of Energy.
Gagliardi was noted in Robert Bryce’s book as being an “Analyst Who Thinks” and “the first time any major Wall Street research firm had dared question Enron’s valuation.” Gagliardi is also known for alerting investors as early as 2003 ahead of buying opportunities in emerging markets: Brazil’s Petrobras, Russia’s Lukoil, China’s PetroChina, Austria’s OMV, and Hungary’s MOL. Gagliardi has been cited throughout the media including CNBC, NY Times, Forbes, and Financial Times.
“We’re thrilled to have Lou champion our Energy effort and add to our growing platform; he brings experience across investment analysis and corporate, a stellar track record, and a history of thinking independently on behalf of his clients.” Keith McCullough, CEO of Hedgeye notes, “To that end, we’re confident that his standards and expertise will hold up to our client’s expectations, and our reputation.”
Hedgeye Risk Management will officially launch its Energy sector research and services to subscribers on September 16, 2010.
- People Moves: Global Fund Exchange Hires Hedge Fund Specialist
- People Moves: Knight Libertas Expands Global Emerging Markets Team
- People Moves: Ms. Sandra Urie Appointed to 100 Women In Hedge Fund’s Board
- People Moves: Kathryn Graham Joins London Board Of 100 Women In Hedge Funds
- WL Ross Names FHFA Director Lockhart as Vice Chairman