““The incentive was perverse,” said Michael Lea, a finance professor at San Diego State University and former chief economist at mortgage giant Freddie Mac. “The fee structure encouraged TCW to put lower-rated bonds into CDOs over time.””
Go to Source
- Which CDOs and Banks Had Deals With the Most Cross-ownership?
- Bloomberg Takes a First Step at Piercing the Veil of Secrecy Surrounding CDOs
- Secret AIG Document Shows Goldman Sachs Minted Most Toxic CDOs
- US Banks to Lose or Write Down $470 billion Thru 2010
- How Goldman Sachs Leveraged $70 Billion in Government Money For Record Profits