“As part of positioning for the Presidential election of 2012, a bill to audit America’s gold could play havoc with the Federal Reserve. The bill will not be seen as an audit of the FED’s operations in general – only an audit of America’s gold, which has been justified by the FED in its supposed capacity as a trustee. It is the issue of the FED as trustee, not the FED as a lender, that will be the heart of the audit… Any attempt by the Federal Reserve to argue that it must not allow the United States Congress to see if there is really any gold in its vaults is going to be a very difficult public relations exercise. ”
Go to Source
- Ron Paul’s Bill To Audit The Federal Reserve Now Has 275 Co-Sponsors in the House, and 17 Co-Sponsors in the Senate!
- Republican Senators [attempt to] neuter Federal Reserve Transparency bill
- Irony alert: IRS fails government audit
- Silver Price Manipulations Appear to Have Failed this time
- Senate Blocks Bill To Audit The Fed As Government Prepares For Second Round Of Looting